At Holy Trinity Lutheran School preschool is the first step in the education of our children. Students who are three-years-old by September 1st are eligible for this program.
Preschool meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:45 am. – 10:45 a.m.
First and foremost we want our children to know their Lord. Through Bible stories and songs children will learn God’s plan of salvation and know that Jesus is their personal Savior.
In addition the following are the goals for students in the classroom:
1. SOCIAL / EMOTIONAL
- Initiates play
- Follows directions
- Usually has control over one’s emotions
2. LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT
- Answers simple who and why questions
- Uses one’s words in requests
- Can say first and last name
3. INTELLECTUAL DEVELOPMENT
- Math Readiness: understands size, shape, and color concepts
- Reading Readiness: can identify some letters
- Knows personal facts: name and birthday
4. PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
- Gross motor: catches bounced ball with hands, walks heel-to-toe, builds simple structures with blocks
- Fine Motor: completes simple puzzles, cuts properly, starts to hold crayon correctly, creates play-doh
5. MISCELLANEOUS DEVELOPMENT
- Wash and dry face & hands
- Dresses and undresses self
- Begins to distinguish front and back of clothing